Eco-Tech J-28V/155-I Case Ground Alternator
Since market introduction in mid-2002, patented Eco-Tech high amp Alternators have been installed and used successfully by both original equipment and aftermarket fleet operators. Eco-Tech Alternators provide superior high output at idle performance (80% of rated output at idle) and unmatched efficiency have been experienced in diesel powered military boats; fire trucks; ambulances; utility company bucket trucks; school, shuttle and party buses; commercial fishing boats, and other applications where significant operating time at idle occurs at low engine speeds.
The J-28V/155-I Alternator is a replacement for Case Ground J-180 mount alternators that have a center-to-center measurement of 8.5” between the drive end pivot hole and the threaded adjusting hole. The J-28V/155-I Alternator has the standard measurement of 4” between the inside of both pivot ears.
|Dimensions||14 × 11 × 11 in|
Unpacking, Installation & Warranty
Features & Benefits
- Eco-Tech 28V alternators generate 130A (80% of rated full output) at 1,800 alternator RPM’s which is engine idle. Idle output is about 2 and 1/2 times the output of similar size claw pole (Lundell) alternators.
- Designed for vehicles that spend significant operating time at idle. Typical applications are fire, ambulance, shuttle bus, utility trucks,tow trucks and other high amp demanding vehicles.
- High efficiency of 80% @ 1800 Alternator RPM
- Eliminate the 50% fuel usage increase caused by high idle
- Patented technology
- Voltage set point 28.3V
- Permanent magnet and wound rotor design
- One wire hook up, self exciting
- Soft start
- Large brushes for longer life
- Heavy duty bearings
- Three high efficiency internal fans
- Internal Regulator