Eco-Tech Alternators were developed to address the need for high output at low engine speed. Eco-Tech Alternators can be specified for new vehicles or retrofitted for older vehicles and has been used in a variety of specialty vehicles. The following is a list of appropriate applications along with a list of the electrically driven components that create the need for a high amp alternator.
Fire & Heavy Rescue Apparatus
- Telma electromagnetic brake retarders
- Electro-mechanical sirens
The Eco-Tech Alternator’s idle output exceeds all other currently available alternators and exceeds the NFPA 1901 recommended minimum continuous load requirements.
- Onboard diagnostic equipment
- Electro-mechanical sirens
Ford Ambulance application for the E and F series chassis with 7.3L diesel engines can be upgraded using the T-305-I Eco-Tech Alternator.
- Inverters to power bucket heaters
Field service utility vehicles used by electric, cable, telephone and fleet service companies have currently installed Eco-Tech Alternators. Read More about utility truck alternators.
- Extreme heat hinders output
Shuttle buses rarely achieve engine speeds that enable other alternators to charge the batteries. Therefore, batteries in these buses are deep cycling. Eco-Tech alternators solve this problem.
Limousine & Limousine Party Buses
- Fans used for heating and air conditioning
- Static inverters for AC electrical loads
These buses also experience short battery lives due to deep cycling, a problem that Eco-Tech Alternators solves.
School & Transit Buses
- Extra fan load for roof mounted air conditioning
- Lighted folding warning lights
- Stop and go with little high speed operation
Eco-Tech Alternators are operating successfully in school buses in hot climates like Houston, Texas. Read more about transit bus alternators.
Tow Trucks & Tractor Trailers
- Optional equipment for overnight use and travel
Commercial Fishing Boats
- Trawler and Long Liner operation at extended slow speeds
Fishing fleets in Iceland and Alaska have successfully used Eco-Tech case isolated 28 Volt Alternators.
Construction & Mining Equipment
28 Volt vehicles used in surface mining and in construction have high electrical loads at low speed, an ideal Eco-Tech Alternator application.
Surveillance & Telecommunications Vehicles
- CB, high band, and low band radios
In gas engine applications larger four inch diameter pulleys have been utilized to keep Eco-Tech Alternators operating under the specified, maximum continuous 8,000 RPM. Due to their high output at a low RPM, in most cases Eco-Tech alternators still supply the needed electrical power.
Motor Homes & SUVs
- Auxiliary air conditioning
Increasingly, these vehicles have been outfitted with electrically driven components that overtax conventional alternators on motorhomes and trailer buses.