Eco-Tech IJ-28V/155-IP Isolated Ground Ignition Protected Alternator
Since market introduction in mid-2002, patented Eco-Tech high amp Alternators have been installed and used successfully by the US Navy. Eco-Tech Alternators provide superior high output at idle performance (80% of rated output at idle) and unmatched efficiency have been experienced in diesel powered military boats and other applications where significant operating time at idle occurs at low engine speeds.
The IJ-28V /155-IP Alternator is a replacement for J-180 mount alternators that have a center-to-center measurement of 8.5” between the drive end pivot hole and the threaded adjusting hole. The IJ-28V /155-IP Alternator has the standard measurement of 4” between the pivot ears.
|Dimensions||14 × 11 × 11 in|
Unpacking, Installation & Warranty
Features & Benefits
- Eco-Tech 28V alternators generate 130A (80% of rated full output) at 1,800 alternator RPM’s, which is engine idle. Idle output is about 2 and 1/2 times the output of similar size claw pole (Lundell) alternators.
- Designed for vehicles that spend significant operating time at idle. Our isolated ground, ignition protected alternators were specifically designed for military application.
- High efficiency of 80% @ 1800 Alternator RPM
- Eliminate the 50% fuel usage increase caused by high idle
- Patented technology
- Voltage set point 28.3V
- Permanent magnet and wound rotor design
- One wire hook up, self exciting
- Soft start
- Large brushes for longer life
- Heavy duty bearings
- Three high efficiency internal fans
- Internal regulator